Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by an Editorial Panel. Deadline: 31 January 2018
- 4 February 2018 (very last deadline!)
We urge you to add links to videos/slide decks/mind maps/text documents
when submitting proposals. This will help us understand your past speaking experience. Blurbs or blog posts covering the relevance of a particular problem statement and how it is tackled will help the Editorial Panel better judge your proposals.
- Proposals can be modified by the owner at any time.
- The online votes will be considered in the selection of proposals but will not bind the judgement.
- It's possible to submit your proposal publicly or privately. In case of private submission only the staff can see it.
- Deadline: 31 January 2018 4 February 2018
Sebastiano Poggi GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKERS
Accommodation and travel
droidcon Italy is organised by Synesthesia Srl, a ten+ year software house in the heart of Turin.
For selected speakers, Synesthesia will:
- cover up to two nights accommodation in Turin.
- provide a grant to cover part of the travel expenses.
- provide a complimentary ticket to droidcon Italy 2018 for the speaker, plus one guest.
- Make sure it clearly communicates your idea, in a minimum of 1000 characters.
- Be relevant to the audience of Android developers.
- Describe who specifically your talk is addressing.
- Choose between a 30 or 45 minute talk, or a workshop.
- Tell us how innovative your topic is - what is new and exciting!
- Outline what the audience will learn and takeaway from your presentation.
- The conference language is English - for exceptions please contact us!
Android is the most popular mobile platform worldwide. The droidcon conference has influenced the Android ecosystem from the very early stages, that is since 2009. The 19th and 20th of April 2018
the community is invited to Turin for the fourth time.
Android is no longer just a smartphone and tablet technology
. The system and the platform increasingly pervade other product groups, particularly in the embedded space. At the same time, the human-machine interfaces change.
Just think of Android Auto
project or the gamification trend
, applying typical game elements to fields beyond gaming. New hardware is created, payment methods are evolving. All this allows for new interaction and business models, to the point of the development of individual hardware and ROMs.
In effect, the Android ecosystem evolves rapidly
and is gaining importance, both in the economic and private fields. droidcon is slated to map all this and hereby calls on all players in the Android ecosystem for the fourth time to present their projects, concepts and ideas in Turin.
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, contact or call:
Deadline for submitting proposals:
- Paper submission deadline:
31 January 2018
- Conference dates:
19 and 20 April 2018
We are looking for speakers
- Companies developing software
- Research institutions with Android relevant activities
- Network operators and service providers
- Hardware manufacturers
- Companies, organizations and individuals utilizing Android in new areas
- Companies utilizing Android in the services and products they sell
Developing for Android: the particularities - for example:
- techniques, methods, concepts
- support for developers in everyday work
- cross Development
- making money with Android, licenses, the market ecosystem
Android beyond smartphones and tablets – for example:
- Home Automation
- Android Things
- automotive solutions
- individual hardware and ROMs
- game consoles
- Android Auto
Android in the business – for example:
- working in big companies as an Android developer
- Android solutions in the enterprise
- roll-out of Android solutions
- Mobile payment
- apps fort he publishing and media market
- security, secure devices
Consumer Apps – for example:
- new hardware
- use cases for new kinds of devices
- TV apps
Games – for example:
Marketing – for example:
- app Stores
- User Interfaces and Experience (UI, UX)
- how to market one’s apps
- marketing of Android apps and services for company use (B2B)
- strategies for consumer marketing (B2C)
Trends in Android technology – for example:
- new technological developments (bleeding edge)
- new frameworks
- new sensors
- new picturing system
Android hardware – for example:
- new audio and video technology and what it enables
- Google TV
- embedded Android
Android as a platform – for example:
- future versions
- cross-platform migrations
- hardware architectures
- future perspectives
- market environment
- Make it comprehensive and understandable: minimum 1000 characters.
- All submissions should be relevant to the technical audience of Android developers.
- Choose the format between a 30’/45′ talk or a workshop (only 4 workshop slots available. We suggest to propose a talk based on it toghether with the workshop submission.)
- Describe who you’re addressing with your talk.
- Tell us how innovative it is. Does it provide new features?
- What will the audience learn from your talk?
- The conference language is English!
if you would like more information on this submitting/voting platform, please contact us